Loading the player ...
David Poeppel is a Professor of Psychology and Neural Science and Director of the David Poeppel Lab at New York University. His lab’s research focuses on human auditory cortex physiology, neural basis of speech perception, auditory/speech psychophysics, (mostly lexical level) psycholinguistics and neurolinguistics.
In the Poeppel Lab, experiments investigate:
• How auditory signals are encoded in the human auditory cortex
• What type of temporal information is extracted from auditory stimuli
• What processes underlie lexical access
• What is the “parts list” for speech perception and word recognition
• What is the functional anatomy of speech perception & language comprehension